This Is What Using The Internet In China Is LikePosted: 06/10/2014 2:15 pm
This picture is a very simple: Changsha traffic police are pushing a public transport bus in the middle of traffic.
And yet, there’s so much more to this picture, perhaps even as a metaphor for using the internet in China. Consider, if you will:
- The advertisement on the back of the bus is for 4G internet access.
- 4G internet access is the next stage of technology for mobile phones and will provide incredibly fast browsing and downloads.
- The public bus is often a slower form of transportation relative to the speedier cars that routinely pass it.
- This public bus has broken down, and is hindering traffic on the highway.
- The men who are pushing the bus are police officers, and are tasked with policing the highways of China.
- Along with pushing, these police officers are controlling the direction of the bus.
- Anyone who is dismayed by using public transportation in China can provide for their own speedy transportation using their own vehicle, or a proxy of one, at an additional cost.
While pictures are worth a thousand words, to write anything else would just be snark.
Photo: Changsha Traffic Police via Weibo