Insane Photos of Shenzhen Flooding, Yellow Alert Issued in GuangzhouPosted: 05/21/2014 11:19 am
Blue and yellow weather alerts have been issued for the city of Guangzhou for Wednesday afternoon after heavy rain battered Shenzhen on Tuesday.
Though the red alert weather warning was lifted at 4:30pm, flooding had occurred throughout the city of Shenzhen. Cars tried to pass through submerged roads as residents waded through flood water higher than their knees.
In Leizhou, a levee was reported to have burst early this morning.
Rain is expected to continue to fall on Guangdong Province for the remainder of the week.
Here’s a gallery of pictures taken yesterday of the flooding in Shenzhen:
Related stories from the past month:
- Rain Continues to Fall Mercilessly on the PRD, Shenzhen Issues Red Alert (UPDATE)
- Shenzhen Woman, 8 Months Pregnant, The Sixth Person to Die in Recent PRD Flooding
- Two Dead, One Missing as Dongguan Teens Swept Away by Floodwaters
- Huizhou Floods After 4 Hours of Torrential Rain [PHOTOS]
- Record Rainfall Floods Shenzhen [PICTURES]
- Rain to Continue as Shenzhen Flood Disaster to Cost RMB 80 Million
- A Street-by-Street Tour of Shenzhen’s Flooding [PICTORIAL]