Random Knife Attack In Downtown Guangzhou Sends Eight People to HospitalPosted: 08/22/2014 12:13 pm
A knife attack in Guangzhou on Thursday evening sent as many as eight people to hospital, reports Reuters.
A man attacked several people on the street with a knife before being subdued by police shortly after 7pm near Kemulang West Road in Tianhe District at the intersection of Lanyuan Street and Lanyuan New Street.
The injured were sent to Guangzhou Armed Police Hospital for medical treatment. None of their injuries are said to be life-threatening. The ages of the victims range from 19 to 55. The majority of the injuries were either head or hand injuries.
The suspect is said to be a 32 year-old man from Hunan named Fan. Victims say he began slashing people without saying anything or without any expression on his face. A motive isn’t known yet. Fan is in hospital now with injuries to his head.
- Knife-Wielding Expat Shot Dead By Police in Downtown Foshan
- Breaking: Wuhan Inter-City Bus Hijacked by Attacker With A Knife
- Guangdong Student Stabs Teacher 10 Times In Ambush Attack
- Police Open Fire On Hostage-Taker at Guangzhou Bus Terminal, One Dead
- Knife Attack at Guangzhou Train Station Injures Six People