A Guangzhou woman was shocked to find her KFC lunch was crawling with tiny, white, wriggling worms, reports Caijing.
The woman, named Liu, found the worms a few hours after she had purchased the chicken and immediately contacted the media. When reporters arrived they used a fruit knife to cut open the chicken, and found more worms crawling around inside the food.
KFC compensated Liu for her email and offered her a replacement at no charge, but Liu couldn’t stomach taking another bite. She said the restaurant couldn’t guarantee the food was safe, and didn’t want to share it with her son.
KFC told the reporter that it is taking the matter seriously. The American fried chicken-maker previously had problems with Husi Foods of Shanghai, which supplied expired meat to a number of fast food outlets including McDonald’s and Pizza Hut.
Here’s a video that shows the food infested with worms:
- If You Dine At KFC or Pizza Hut, You Might Eat Expired Meat
- Shenzhen Pizza Huts Had Expired Meat, Guangzhou Spared UPDATED
- More Than 500 Bags Of Rotten Meat Found at Zhuhai Pizza Hut Restaurants
- Here’s What The Beijing Times Thinks Of People Who Eat Foreign Fast Food
- Almost Nothing Left on the Menu at McDonald’s in Beijing
- More trouble for KFC: Foshan man drinks beetle found in his milk tea
Photos: China News